FlexiFin Technology and Functionality
The foundations of the FlexiFin platform were laid using industry-leading, best-of-breed technologies, all of which were selected to ensure the richest feature set.
Moreover, by not being reliant on technology sourced from a single vendor, we are able to maintain a sustainable level of independence from vendor lock-in. This hedges the risk of external cost increases and technology direction changes.
As for the application itself, it is written in Java using an Enterprise Framework. This provides a rich set of tools and an extensive library of features. Furthermore, the framework also ensures transactional data integrity, as well as iron-clad security.
For instance, authentication and authorisation are embedded in the framework, which allows for integration to LDAP, OAuth or internal security models. Roles and their authorisations are completely configurable right down to individual screen components.
The software encompasses highly scalable architectures for business rules, business process management, workflow and messaging. These components ensure a clear separation of concerns between the user interface, the business logic layer and the database layer.
Qualica prides itself on understanding major technological trends and their strategic implications for our customers. In this regard Qualica takes on a thought leadership role and will help shape customers’ thinking as to how to use technology to become more competitive.
The lending solution functionality is delivered through the following modules:
- Origination - client interaction, application generation, document capture, product selection, application submission (quote preparation).
- Underwriting - decisioning, score-carding, quality control, documentation review. Product eligibility and process control.
- Client servicing – updating core and ancillary client data, agreement management, documentation management.
- Deduction EFT batch management and outbound settlement batches to payment gateways and other payroll specific features.
- Products and Pricing - facilitated through a product configurator with various interest models - fixed interest, linked interest, simple or compounded with various capitalisation and accrual options. Multiple fee models - fixed/percentage. Multiple interest recognition models - upfront or amortised. Fee options that cover account setup, transactional, penalty fees and settlement and early settlement fees.
- The product configurator supports the generation of multiple amortisation schedules, facilitating different schedules for recognition versus collection. In addition the embedded calculator enables sophisticated back solving algorithms to solve for broken periods often encountered in payroll lending. The product also supports pluggable modules for the incorporation of any custom calculator.
- Deduction management operational support and period end accounts processing operational functionality.
- Configuration - configuration for all core parties/types: Users; agents; employers; third parties; branches; banks and charts of accounts.
FlexiFin is available through a variety of channels and devices in addition to the browser:
- Agent application, deployed on a tablet either as an HTML5 responsive application or a native application for field account opening and client servicing. This application will manage offline situations and allow for delayed synchronisation.
- User self-service via a smartphone application with client branding, available as a responsive HTML web interface.
- User self-service with authentication using USSD or SMS. FlexiFin’s multi-channel communications approach means that client interactions can switch seamlessly between channels, including from mobile channels (email and SMS) into a call centre to back office.
Document Management. This module provides content management, collateral management, records management and a digital asset management system (i.e. for customer documents), and marketing collateral. It enables users to upload and view documents by type and to see documents associated with the borrowers’ accounts.
FlexiECM is a general-purpose content repository and digital asset store that can be used to manage all business documents and make them available in web-ready formats (HTML or PDF) at the point of use at the time needed by the business process. In addition, it includes document indexing, versioning and security.
This provides a base set of operational reports, pre-built data marts and base data (ETL) scripts to enable data analytics requirements. FlexiFin has pre-developed Qlikview (a leading Business Intelligence Platform) models to leverage data driven business discovery. These models and Qlikview enable the business to use, explore, and discover FlexiFin data to solve business problems.
Business rules are the codification of policies and practices of a business. However, business rules are not hard coded into the processes. They are encapsulated in a separate component which is linked into the business processes and procedures as required. This approach formalises critical business rules in a language that managers and technologists can easily understand.
The adoption of a business rules engine lowers the cost incurred in the modifying business logic and shortens development time via externalising the rules. All of which ensures that changes can be made faster and with less business risk.
FlexiFin stores these rules as a separate component. This approach provides for the promotion of new or adjusted rules in real time or the development of champion/challenger processes to drive business performance. Through its open architecture and integration workbench, FlexiFin can also make use of third party decision support engines including decision support systems such as bureaus, scoring agencies and other Business Rules Management Systems.
This provides for advanced collections management strategies and tactics. It combines automated rule based tactics for collections by linking together account events, account performance scores, workflow and automated communications thereby providing a platform from which to drive down default levels.
Because debt recovery is such a critical issue for any financial institution that offers loans, we have developed FlexiCollect to be the all-in-one, industry-leading solution to maximise recoveries.
Designed for small to large enterprise debt collection, FlexiCollect offers a highly flexible and cost-effective solution. It is crafted as a separate module of FlexiFin, with integrated quality and security that models certification and compliance requirements.
The standardised product automates the collections process and is customisable for selected parameterisation. It can also be maintained and managed by each customer. The parameters define dynamic collection strategies based on your criteria/profiles for segmentation.
FlexiCollect aids rapid and easy assignment of collections portfolios to agents by utilisation decisioning strategies with single or combination rules for allocation. These rules can be prescribed and managed by the client.
Collections strategies can be integrated with messaging so that SMS, USSD, and email become a standard source of communication for early intervention on lower risk collections or to aid pre-legal procedures. Base system strategies use industry relevant templates.
Reporting is available for collection statistics – analysis of collections, by actions, by strategy, by agent, over a specified period as well as productivity and performance analysis: Promised payments reports.
A key feature of this module is the full integration on the FlexiFin platform. All the benefits of design, decisioning, technology, business process management and real-time information sharing enables full automation between your loan management system and your ability to collect early on in the process of arrears. This has a marked advantage of separate systems and allows early intervention with a direct impact on your required provisioning.